INS exists for one purpose and one purpose only. We may do all sorts of things along with and in an attempt to further and to enhance that purpose. Like offering you this blog. But, still, we have but one purpose:
To serve the Lord Jesus Christ by helping His people help others through biblical counseling.
Think of the parts of that purpose statement:
- To serve the Lord Jesus Christ. That, of course, is the life purpose of each of us, as individuals, and therefore, of all that we do.
- Service is just another word for ministry. To serve the Lord is to submit to His will in the Scriptures and to do His work according to His will
- Helping is one way in which Jesus taught us to live—live so that what we learn, do, say and teach helps other believers. We all need help from time to time, but there are some of us who can help in one way and some who can help in others.
- Through biblical counseling. Counseling is assisting people who know Christ, but have become stalled in their growth to get the sanctification process moving once again.
- And, of course, the only way to do that is through the application of Scripture to people’s problems.
- But, note, we seek to help those who want to help others through counseling. There are a lot of people who want to do this, but don’t know how. We think we can help them. There are people out there who want to help others, but are afraid they’d do more harm than good. We can help them do good rather than harm.
Whatever it is we can do along these lines we are not only prepared to do, but the Lord has demonstrated by the help those studying with us have received, that we can do. Can we help you—help others?
Check out our online courses, including, Introduction to Nouthetic Counseling and The Use of Scripture in Counseling, taught by Jay Adams!
Books related to counseling others:
- Competent to Counsel by Jay Adams
- The Christian Counselor’s Manual by Jay Adams
- How to Help People Change by Jay Adams
- Check out our Bookstore for all the best counseling books!
The Christian Counselor’s New Testament and Proverbs, translated by Jay Adams
Visit our online bookstore for all your biblical counseling resource needs.
For more biblical counseling training, check out our list of INS Online Courses.
Follow INS on Social Media:
– Facebook: noutheticstudies
– Twitter: @noutheticstud
– Instagram: @noutheticstudies
Leave A Comment