Although designed originally for use with counselees to accompany and supplement counseling, this devotional workbook will benefit all Christians who seek a more meaningful and productive devotional experience.
Adams warns that the term devotional should not connote a superficial, mystical reading of the Bible mixed with prayer. Accordingly, this unique devotional book has some important features:
- Five devotional studies per week over a four-week period—approximately the time necessary for a counselee or anyone else to establish new patterns.
- Saturday set aside as a time for review, evaluation, and consideration of gains.
- A page for Sunday directed toward note-taking at church, leading to application of the preacher’s sermons.
- Morning weekday studies that lead toward personal application during the day.
- Evening checkup that provides opportunity to see progress and growth in the use of Scripture in daily life.